Have you heard about Meatless Monday? Basically, you derive your protein from sources other than meat once a week. I really like this idea but getting my meat loving boys (all three of them) on board has proved to be a bit difficult.
I was looking for a creative way to introduce them to Meatless Monday and roaming the aisles of my local grocery store when I found MorningStar Farms burger patties. The first thing I actually saw was their veggie bacon which looked delicious. Then I noticed a whole line of burgers that I had never seen before, but that all looked delectable. Plus? All twelve MorningStar Farms veggie burgers are a good source of protein!
The other burgers sounded equally delicious to me:
- Mediterranean Chickpea Burger (I would use this as a gyro)
- Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burger
- Buffalo Chik Patty (sub this out for regular chicken in my Chicken Rollup recipe)
- Original Veggie Sausage
I decided to try the Spicy Black Bean Burger because it seemed like something every member of my family would love! Instead of serving my Spicy Black Bean Burger the traditional way, I made a tostada out of it because my family loves Mexican food and it seemed like a perfect pairing! Here is my super easy recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to make!
Spicy Black Bean Tostada
1 MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger per person
1 tostada shell per person
Black beans, drained and rinsed
Monterey Jack cheese
Sharp cheddar cheese
Other toppings as desired: tomatoes, dressing etc.
In a skillet, over medium heat, cook and break up your thawed MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers. Cook about 5 minutes, or until warmed through.
Heat tostada shell in the over per package directions. Fill shell with lettuce, toppings and cooked Spicy Black Bean Burger.
Another perk of this recipe is that the Spicy Black Bean Burger is so flavorful on its own that we didn't need to use any salad dressing, making this even more health conscious!
For more great recipe ideas using MorningStar Farms veggie burgers, check out their recipe collection!
Tell me which MorningStar Farms burger sounds like something YOUR family would love in the comments and you'll be entered for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/7-8/10/2014.
Be sure to visit the MorningStar Farms brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!